Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Thick, filling, rich, full of flavor, and yet quite simple to make. Perfect for the fall or a stormy day, one can make it either in a slow-cooker or on the stove.
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups beef stock or 6 cups broth
- 1 (3 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb baby carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 8 ounces yellow lentils
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- Mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge meat in flour mixture.
- Braise meat in oil over medium heat in large skillet until browned.
- Add all ingredients except lentils and parsley to stockpot/slowcooker. Set to low heat on cooker/stove.
- Cook six hours.
- Add lentils; cook additional two hours.
- Add parsley. Enjoy!
Wife and I just finished having seconds of this fabulous recipe. Cooked in a slow cooker and wasn't sure if the lentils were fresh or dried, so just added along with everything else and cooked the whole six hours. Turned out great. Added some celery for taste. Thanks for sharinjg.