Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was sent to me from my coworker who is a Registered Dietician. These cookies are easy, and have lots of fibre in them. They fill up your tummy before lunch and are healthy ! I bought all ingredients at a bulk foods store.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml oats (quick oats- I used large flakes)
- 14.79 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml clove
- 29.58 ml cinnamon (add more if you like)
- 158.51 ml ground flax seed
- 158.51 ml wheat germ
- 236.59 ml ground almonds
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29-236.59 ml applesauce (until moist)
- 236.59 ml dried currant (I used Craisins)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl mix together all dry ingredients EXCEPT currents and choc chips.
- Add in wet ingredients, mix well ( Batter becomes quite thick, use your hands if necessary).
- Add in currants and choc chips. Mix well.
- Drop large Tbsp 's of batter onto cookie sheet. Batter does not expand much, so you can place cookies close together.
- Bake for 9-10 minute.
- Let cool.
- Store in air tight container and freeze the rest !
- Takes about 10 min to thaw in the AM !