Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was sent to me from my coworker who is a Registered Dietician. These cookies are easy, and have lots of fibre in them. They fill up your tummy before lunch and are healthy ! I bought all ingredients at a bulk foods store.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oats (quick oats- I used large flakes)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (add more if you like)
- 2⁄3 cup ground flax seed
- 2⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 cup applesauce (until moist)
- 1 cup dried currant (I used Craisins)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl mix together all dry ingredients EXCEPT currents and choc chips.
- Add in wet ingredients, mix well ( Batter becomes quite thick, use your hands if necessary).
- Add in currants and choc chips. Mix well.
- Drop large Tbsp 's of batter onto cookie sheet. Batter does not expand much, so you can place cookies close together.
- Bake for 9-10 minute.
- Let cool.
- Store in air tight container and freeze the rest !
- Takes about 10 min to thaw in the AM !