Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy favorite that was found in Once-a-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. My family loves it and I love it that they are getting so many wonderful veggies backed into this delicious stew. I double the recipe and stock up the freezer.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef in a large saucepan.
- Mix in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.