Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This originally came from the OMAC cookbook. I think I might have revised it a little based on our family as I'm posting this from memory. You'd think we liked it!! :=)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground meat (I know, the title says hamburger, but I actually use Turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced or diced (I get the pre-sliced carrots at the grocery store)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- Add oil to large Dutch Oven type dish.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots. You can add other vegetables to this dish, but these are the main ones that I remember from the original recipe.
- Cook until the vegetables get nicely carmelized. Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for about an hour. We've rushed this and it's still good, but the longer it simmers the richer the flavor.
- This tastes good with nice, fresh cornbread. I've even made Cheddar-Dill Bisquick Drop muffins as well. Crusty bread would work great too!
My husband loved it and I only put carrots and beans for veggies its the V8 juice that makes it yummy