Recipe by Hazeleyes
A real family favorite! Easy to prepare ahead of time, then put in crock pot on low. The aroma awaits you after a long day at work. I like to serve this soup with homemade cornbread. Delicious!
Top Review by Nolan'sMom
I've made this so many times, I should have reviewed it a long time ago! Perfect soup for a chilly autumn day and so easy. I usually leave out the celery (DH HATES celery!) and I usually add a drop or two of tabasco sauce and extra black pepper just to give it some punch. This one's a keeper!!
- 3 -4 potatoes, cut in large chunks- (I like to keep the peel on)
- 3 -4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 -2 cup water, depending on how juicy you like your soup
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all vegetables in crock pot.
- Lightly brown ground beef and spoon over the vegetables.
- Combine the tomato soup, V-8 juice and water. Add the seasonings, and pour over the vegetables and meat.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 2-4 hours.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on top.