Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A real family favorite! Easy to prepare ahead of time, then put in crock pot on low. The aroma awaits you after a long day at work. I like to serve this soup with homemade cornbread. Delicious!
- 3 -4 potatoes, cut in large chunks- (I like to keep the peel on)
- 3 -4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 -2 cup water, depending on how juicy you like your soup
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Put all vegetables in crock pot.
- Lightly brown ground beef and spoon over the vegetables.
- Combine the tomato soup, V-8 juice and water. Add the seasonings, and pour over the vegetables and meat.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 2-4 hours.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on top.
I've made this so many times, I should have reviewed it a long time ago! Perfect soup for a chilly autumn day and so easy. I usually leave out the celery (DH HATES celery!) and I usually add a drop or two of tabasco sauce and extra black pepper just to give it some punch. This one's a keeper!!
Very good. My DW liked it very much but we kicked it up just a bit. We like it just a bit spicier and robust. Instead of the low sodium V8 I used a 5.5oz can of spicy hot V8 and put 4 dashes of tabasco and about 1/8 tsp. of oregano. That brought a flavor we liked. Thanks for the recipe Hazeleyes. GemBob
This is a good, filling soup. I used regular V8 and tomato soup rather than low-sodium. I added 1 cup of water, but for my crock pot 2 cups would be better. Thanks, Hazeleyes!