Recipe by pefferlawprincess
This meal is so quick and easy to make. It's a great winter time meal, and quite filling too. My kids just love 1 pot meals and this was always a favorite of mine growing up. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by Troop Angel
I'm not giving this any stars yet, as I want to try it again, since I'm not really sure if it was me or the recipe that messed up the first time. I followed the directions exactly, and it was so runny and just looked like a big ol mess. :( BUT, I think I screwed up by adding too much milk and butter to the potatoes, since there's no amounts listed (and I rarely make homemade mashed potatoes, so I wasn't sure how much to use). So I will try this again with thicker mashed potatoes and give it a second chance!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 large potatoes, mashed with
- milk, and
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas and carrots (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion with pepper, garlic,and chili powder. Drain.
- Add peas and carrots and gravey and let cook over med/low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and mash your potatoes with butter and milk (or whip, which I prefer)and stir your potatoes into your meat mixture NOTE: the smaller you cut your potatoes the faster they cook.
- Serve with bread and butter.