Hearty Ham and Sausage Stew
- Cook bacon in a large heavy saucepan until bacon is crisp; drain off excess fat and set bacon aside.
- Add onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, green pepper and celery to saucepan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add ham and sausage to vegetables.
- Stir in pea soup, water and bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook with lid off for 35 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and add pepper to taste.
- Top with bacon before serving.