Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food from www.schneiders.ca
- 9 slices schneiders country naturals bacon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup schneiders country naturals ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package schneiders oktoberfest grillems sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) canpea soup
- 2 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large heavy saucepan until bacon is crisp; drain off excess fat and set bacon aside.
- Add onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, green pepper and celery to saucepan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add ham and sausage to vegetables.
- Stir in pea soup, water and bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook with lid off for 35 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and add pepper to taste.
- Top with bacon before serving.