Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick meal for 2. From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄3 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice, can also use V8
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips (optional)
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain meat and onion mixture.
- Stir in kidney beans, tomato juice, chili powder, sugar and salt.
- Heat through.
- Divide lettuce between 2 salad bowls or plates.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired.