Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the July 07 Taste of Home 'Easy Grilling' issue. There are so many great recipes in there, but this is one of our favorites.
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- 3⁄4 lb whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheese, of choice
- Place potatoes and sweet potato on a large piece of heavy duty foil.
- Drizzle with half of the butter, garlic, parsley, salt and lemon pepper.
- Seal packet tightly. Grill, covered for about 20 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms, onion, green pepper, zucchini and squash on a large piece of heavy duty foil.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter and seasonings.
- Seal packet tightly. Grill for about 10 minutes each side or until the veggies are crisp-tender.
- Combine the ingredients of both packets in a serving bowl, sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
I used the onions and the zucchini and yellow squash. Didn't have parsley, but grilled as a side for chicken and we really liked the flavor. We served right out of the foil and didn't use the mozzarella, although it would be a good accompaniment. Thanks!