1/1 Photo of Hearty Garlic Potato Soup
1 hr 25 mins
There are other potato soups at Zaar, but none the same as this one. This is a hearty, comforting soup with Italian sausage, carrots and a garlic kick. Prep and cook time are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place potatoes, carrot and garlic in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 4Place 3 cups potato mixture in a bowl and mash.
- 5Set aside mashed potatoes and remaining potato mixture.
- 6In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 7In a soup kettle, melt butter.
- 8Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk while stirring.
- 9Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- 10Add the parsley, salt, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper; mix well.
- 11Add the mashed potato mixture; cook and stir until heated through.
- 12Add the reserved potato and sausage mixtures.
- 13Heat through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Garlic Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 595.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: