Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an easy wrap, and a good way to use up leftover rice.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 ounces cheddar cheese, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- In 10 inch skillet, melt butter until sizzling; stir in coleslaw mix, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and rice.
- Place about 1 c.
- filling in center of each warm tortilla.
- Fold two opposite edges of tortilla toward center over filling.
- Roll up open end of tortilla toward opposite edge.
- Place, seam-side down, on microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave two sandwiches on high, turning or rearranging after half the time, until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- A variation; 4 ounces (1 c.) coarsely chopped roast beef or corned beef can be added.
- Divide among 4 tortillas.