Recipe by - Carla -
A healthy, hearty and delicious combination of tasty broccoli, yams and watercress.
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups yams, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery top, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups watercress, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the yams, covered, in two cups chicken broth 10 minutes or until soft; puree in food processor and set aside.
- In large pot with cover, saute the onions and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent and starting to brown.
- Add celery.
- Saute a few minutes, add broccoli and remaining chicken broth.
- Simmer, covered, eight minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in puree; add seasonings.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish each portion with chopped watercress.