Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 6 ounces apple juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup dried fig, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons honey or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat flour or 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour or 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine your favorite bran flakes in a large bowl with apple juice.
- Moisten the flakes evenly.
- Add the egg substitute, milk, apple juice concentrate, oil, banana, figs and honey.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add to bran mixture and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.