Recipe by Chris Mitchell
When growing up my Mother was always trying new things and was a good cook in general. Mom is a Chef today and still a wonderful cook. This is one of many good things she made when I was a kid. Who knows where she got the recipie but I always liked it and so do my children. I like spicy stuff so sometimes I will substitute jalapeno for the green pepper.
Top Review by varunner7
These were great! I used ground turkey instead of beef and fat free cream of mushroom soup to make it a little healthier. I also added two chopped jalepenos in the actual patty mixture. A huge hit in my house.
- 3⁄4 cup saltine crackers (crushed, 21 crackers)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, eggs, onion, catsup, worchesstershire, salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef and mix well by hand.
- Shape meat into 6 patties.
- In large skillet brown patties on both sides.
- Pour soup over meat, top with beans and green pepper.
- Cook covered over low heat 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and cook covered 5 more minutes.