My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth or 1 cup low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, raw or cooked,shelled,deveined and halved
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In large pan, sauté garlic, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat till soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add beans, tomatoes, broth, herbs, olives, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to simmer.
- 4Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes.
- 5Turn into large baking dish.
- 6Top with bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan.
- 7Bake in preheated 400-degree oven till bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- 8Brown top under broiler if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty & Elegant Shrimp Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 245.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth