Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth or 1 cup low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, raw or cooked,shelled,deveined and halved
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large pan, sauté garlic, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat till soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth, herbs, olives, salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer.
- Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes.
- Turn into large baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven till bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Brown top under broiler if desired.