Recipe by Cookin Momma
This soup is so tasty and so easy! Even my picky 5 year old loved it and was disappointed he couldn't have more the next day.
Top Review by SabrinaRice
My husband and daughter enjoyed it but I never got a chance to try it. I made it for a surprise dinner while I was at work one evening. I was told it was tasty and they enjoyed it as a chilli.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in a pan over medium high heat until beef is browned and crumbled. Drain fat, and transfer beef to a slow cooker.
- Add cabbage, kidney beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, bouillon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours, or on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir occasionally and add water as desired to maintain the consistency you desire.