Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- garlic powder
- Sauté onions and celery, set aside.
- Brown 1/2 beef to remove fat; drain and add to pot.
- Add 1/2 ingredients.
- Brown 2nd half beef and repeat.
- Mix and then cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Serve with Trader Joe's cornbread and cubed Jack cheese.
My family and I loved this chili! I liked the stewing beef in it for a change of pace. I would have liked specific amounts for the spices, but ended up using 2 T. chili powder, 3/4 T. cumin and 3/4 T. garlic powder and it turned out perfect! I used one can of original Rotel and one can of milder Rotel, with great results. Thanks for the recipe. Will make again!
I followed this recipe pretty closely, and it was superb. I added 2 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp cumin. I'll add more cumin next time, but the chili powder was spot on. Also, the consistency of this is a little more like a stew than a chili. But the taste is top notch.
Thanks for this recipe. It really hit the spot! I had to leave out the can of stewed tomatoes and one can of tomatoes & chilis so all the ingredients would fit in my crock pot. I still ended up pouring everything into a stock pot and cooked it on the stove on low. Still turned out tasty! Me & hubby will make again!