Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook8 hrs 30 mins
This is part of my chicken OAMC rotation. My family enjoys these.
Make and share this Hearty Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- In crock pot, combine chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Reserve 1-2/3 cups cooking juices.
- Pour the remaining cooking juices into a large bowl and add the beans and shredded chicken.
- Coat two freezer-safe 8-in. square baking dishes with cooking spray and add 1/2 cup reserved juices to each.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining reserved juices over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and bake as directed above.
sounds great! i really want to try this one out but i have one question...green enchillada sauce right? wait, dumb question..i'm tryin this on out very soon!! will post again.