Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
This is part of my chicken OAMC rotation. My family enjoys these.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (15 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- In crock pot, combine chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Reserve 1-2/3 cups cooking juices.
- Pour the remaining cooking juices into a large bowl and add the beans and shredded chicken.
- Coat two freezer-safe 8-in. square baking dishes with cooking spray and add 1/2 cup reserved juices to each.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining reserved juices over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the second dish at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and bake as directed above.
sounds great! i really want to try this one out but i have one question...green enchillada sauce right? wait, dumb question..i'm tryin this on out very soon!! will post again.