Lynette McDonough's Note:
This is a recipe I found online, but altered slightly to my own taste. This is an awesome soup for a cold winter day. Fresh baked bread goes well with this soup and it's hearty enough to serve for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion and garlic in butter until soft and translucent.
- 2Add basil, paprika, and creme cheese.
- 3Cook until creamy, stirring constantly so as not to burn the paprika.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, stir vigorously with a whisk.
- 5Heat to desired temperature and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Cream of Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 1990.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g