Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another clipping from Mom
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups natural monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- Combine dry ingredients; add 1 C cheese and toss.
- Add combine milk, margarine, and egg.
- Mix until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch ayer pn.
- Cover with remaining cheese, top with green pepper rings.
- Bake at 425* for 20 min.
This was pretty good cornbread. I liked the addition of the peppers on top, and will repeat that with other cornbread recipes, too. Mine turned out a little drier than I expected, but it might have to do with the fact that I used a little less butter (because I ran out). But all in all, it's a great recipe. Thank you for sharing your recipe, chef 940807. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.