Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy to make chowder, and you'll get compliments on how good it tastes!
- 1⁄4 lb sliced bacon (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup medium cream
- In a large soup pot, melt butter.
- Add garlic, onions, pepper, celery and cook until soft.
- Add potatoes, broth, and seasonings.
- Stir, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add frozen corn, creamed corn, and cream.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add bacon (if used), and a little milk if chowder is too thick.
- Re-season, if needed.