Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Found this recipe in a Women's Day Magazine. Hits the right spot. Pure comfort food.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Italian sausage, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon mild hot sauce
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onions and garlic, and cook, stirring until sausage is lightly brown and the onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Combine sausage mixture, broth and potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High 3 to 4 hours or Low 5 to 6 hours until the potatoes are very tender.
- Using the back of a spoon, coarsely mash the potatoes.
- Stir in creamed corn and the frozen corn.
- Cover and cook on High 1 hour.
- Stir in peas and cook until peas are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the hot sauce.