This chowder is great when you feel like soup, but haven't the time to make up a pot. It'll satisfy a hearty appetite. I love this topped with lots of fresh parmesan & some crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in a large pot.
- 2Sauté the onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- 3Add the potatoes and toss in the butter to coat.
- 4Pour in the chicken stock and let simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5With a potato masher lightly mash the potatoes, leaving some chunks.
- 6Stir in the creamed corn and milk.
- 7Simmer on low heat gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 8*Do not allow to boil as there is a chance the milk may curdle.
- 9*Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until chowder has thickened.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 691.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g