Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This chowder is great when you feel like soup, but haven't the time to make up a pot. It'll satisfy a hearty appetite. I love this topped with lots of fresh parmesan & some crusty bread.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 750 g potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (400 g) can creamed corn
- 1 (220 g) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chives
- salt & pepper
- Heat butter in a large pot.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add the potatoes and toss in the butter to coat.
- Pour in the chicken stock and let simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- With a potato masher lightly mash the potatoes, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in the creamed corn and milk.
- Simmer on low heat gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- *Do not allow to boil as there is a chance the milk may curdle.
- *Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until chowder has thickened.
The only reason I didn't place a 5th star is that the serving size is wrong. I dished out four bowls for a opening dish, however I still had half the soup left. Not that I don't mind leftovers, but I wasn't expecting so much left over.