Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are very nice to have around on Valentine's day. This is Anju's recipe from the Young Times magazine. I hope you like it!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup red decorative candies, ground
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Beat the whites, one at a time, in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Cream in sugar, the egg yolks and margarine.
- Slowly, fold in the flour, until the dough is stiff.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- The dough should be 1 cm in thickness.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts from the dough.
- Using a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out smaller hearts from the center of the bigger hearts.
- Reuse the smaller hearts as dough.
- Grease a baking pan with a little margarine.
- Lay out the heart cut outs.
- In the center of each big heart cutout, put a tsp.
- of the ground candy, filling it into the smaller heart.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Cool the cookies for 1 hour so that the cookies become hard.
- Serve with a smile!