Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in Family Circle Magazine. Is really good and really creamy tasting. Family loved it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, approximately 1 cup,finely shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix cabbage and carrots in bowl.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Fold into cabbage mixture.
- Chill at least 3 hrs.
To many dairy products though!
Good slaw but felt it needed just a tiny flavor boost. I did only make a third of the recipe, and I used a packaged coleslaw mix. Used splenda in place of the sugar. I will be making this again and I think I'll add some fresh lemon juice just to freshen the flavors a bit.