Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful quick hot meal!
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn muffins.
YUM!! Wonderful on a cooooooold winter day!! Made it in advance and warmed it up the next day.
This got mixed reviews at my house. I liked it but no one else did. I followed the recipe exactly as written using McCormick's chili seasoning packet. I didn't add the optional bell pepper. I cooked two cups of elbow macaroni but it seemed like too much to add after cooked so I only added about half. I had never used McCormick's chili seasoning before so maybe that is what my other family members didn't like but not sure.