Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
A recipe that makes a lot since everyone wants a lot of bowls! It freezes well, and makes great leftovers!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, without leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- In a Dutch oven, or large kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and macaroni.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.
This is very delicious!! Will make again. Used V-8 juice instead of tomato juice.