Recipe by Olha
This recipe makes a lot, since everyone is apt to want another bowl. It freezes well and makes excellent leftover—if there is any left.
Top Review by lauralie41
This chili mac is so good once you start eating it is hard to stop! Was a tad bit worried about the amount of brown sugar and the chili mac being to sweet but it was perfect. I used V8 juice instead of tomato and next time might add 3/4 cup macaroni or use the large elbow macaroni. Liked the crunch of the celery with the soft texture of the beans and macaroni. Will be having the leftovers for supper tonight and will definitely make this again. Made and reviewed for the Contest & Events Forum's My 3 Chef's 2012 recipe tag game.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, without leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, brown sugar, chili powder, salt mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and macaroni; simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
- Country Woman.