Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The roasted capsicum (bell pepper)and leek flavour really shine through in this soup, serve with some fresh damper or goes great with my Pesto Beer Bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cooked & chopped finely
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed & sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 3 red capsicums, roasted
- 3 tomatoes, peeled & seeded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ground pepper
- Sauté leek, onion & garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender, add sweet potato, capsicums & tomatoes, cook stirring 1 minute.
- Blend in stock & pepper, bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Process with a hand blender until roughly pureed, stir in chicken, simmer for 3 minutes, then serve.