Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
A Gut-Busting, Belly-Warming soup with a little something for everyone! Note: Overnight chilling is not included in prep time.
- 2 large chicken thighs (skin and bone left on)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 carrot, peeled and chunked
- 1 stalk celery, chunked
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) canroasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 4 button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All (mixed vegetables including carrots, celery, potatoes, peas, green beans, corn, and lima beans)
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles (homemade preferred)
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken, chicken broth, parsley, carrot, celery, onion, roasted garlic, and white pepper. Cook on low for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight or until fat rises to the top and solidifies. Remove fat and discard. Strain broth, reserving chicken and discard solids. In a large soup pot, combine strained broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Rotel, bay leaf, basil, oregano, salt, garlic, sherry and mushrooms. Simmer 45 minutes. Meanwhile, remove skin and bone from chicken and cut up into small pieces. Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and add to soup. Add drained and rinsed Veg-all and chicken. Cook 5 minutes longer. If soup is too thick, thin with water mixed with bouillon.
I really liked this soup as it helped me a lot on a day i was not feeling too good. I will skip the mushrooms next time i make it but anything else was excellent. Good luck!
Very good soup! It really hit the spot on a cold day! It has a bite to it but not too much and I was happy about that. I loved all of the veggies in this soup and my family really enjoyed it. Good job! Good luck in the contest!