Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here's another recipe I discovered on Allrecipes.com to help me use up my bounty of summer squash. I love spicy dishes, and it seems that this will fill the bill. It was posted by Lorie. She states the following: "This soup is so good and so good for you....if possible use fresh veggies....only use the canned as a last resort!" This sounds really wonderful.
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 8 chicken wings, whole, split
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, julienned
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- In a large pot, combine zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green beans, corn, hominy, chickpeas, chicken, bouillon, tomato sauce, garlic powder, potatoes, jalapenos and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken falls off the bone and flavors are well blended, 1 to 2 hours.