Nancy in Montreal's Note:
I found this recipe on the back of the Carnation milk can. I have a fussy family and this is a nice meal that everyone can enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed (about 2-3 halves)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups assorted chopped mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen, such as carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (385 ml) can nestle carnation 2% evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and butter in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion about 2mins or until softened.
- 3Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Add potatoes mixed vegetables and seasonings.
- 5Cook for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch in a bowl.
- 6Stir into vegetable mixture, bring to a boil;stirring.
- 7Reduce heat to med-low; cover and cook 10 minutes (or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened) stirring often.
- 8Pour into 8-inch baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- 9Broil 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 987.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk