Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the back of the Carnation milk can. I have a fussy family and this is a nice meal that everyone can enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed (about 2-3 halves)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups assorted chopped mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen, such as carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (385 ml) cannestle carnation 2% evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion about 2mins or until softened.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes mixed vegetables and seasonings.
- Cook for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Stir into vegetable mixture, bring to a boil;stirring.
- Reduce heat to med-low; cover and cook 10 minutes (or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened) stirring often.
- Pour into 8-inch baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil 5 minutes or until golden brown.
This was ok However I thnk that the cream base would be great for a chicken ala king type dish. It would need more of the cream base though. I will make again as chicken ala king.
Too dry. Won't make again, back to my old recipe. Thanks anyway.
This was wonderful. Instead of frozen mixed veggies, I used fresh green beans, fresh carrots, fresh celery and a can of corn. I just served it from the pot, rather than putting it in the oven with breadcrumbs.