1 hr 30 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this hearty chicken stew recipe years ago in an AARP magazine article and have have made it many times for family and company, everyone always enjoys it as much as I do. Great for those cold winter nights
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4-2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 6 ounces dry-weight pitted black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white pearl onions, drained
- 1Fry bacon crisp, crumble and set aside.
- 2Brown chicken in bacon fat, then set aside.
- 3Add mushrooms and salt; sauté, stir for 3 minutes.
- 4Add parsley, garlic; sauté about 2 minutes.
- 5In a bowl blend together broth, tomato paste, wine and pepper.
- 6Place mushroom mixture into large skillet with cover.
- 7Add chicken, potatoes, carrots, lima beans, olives and onions.
- 8Cover and bring to boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Turn chicken halfway through cooking.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 1485.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g