Recipe by Mommy Diva
Based off my Dad's basic soup recipe. I had a house full of sickies tonight so I whipped this up to try to soothe and heal. ;) The feedback from DH and kids was an overwhelming - YUMMY!! SO...I guess it is Zaar worthy. ***Note I made this with 8oz of star pasta and although fabulous, it did continue to swell through the evening. We just added broth to extend the soup for the next day's lunches/dinner. I have adjusted the recipe accordingly to reduce this, but just a note to be aware. ;)
Top Review by Lainey39
Excellent! My sons just love soup any time of the year and they raved about this one. It really filled them up. It has great flavor! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 3 carrots (coined or diced)
- 3 zucchini, small to medium (chopped or diced)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup walla walla onion, if available
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, whatever you have available (I used Alice White Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon luzianne's cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mccormick's brand McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (dry seasoning)
- 5 ounces stelle pasta (star shaped or your favorite soup pasta)
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken parts with 2 tsp garlic powder, salt and black pepper and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and separate chicken from broth with a strainer saving broth and placing back into large pot over medium-high heat.
- Allow chicken to cool while adding all veggies to broth and spices (adjust to your taste).
- Once cool enough, remove bones, skin and excess fat from chicken saving good meat for soup.
- Add to soup along with pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes (or as per package directions depending on your pasta).
- Serve with crusty bread and garnish with shredded 3 cheese blend (parmesean, romano, asagio) if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).