Recipe by Mike the Gastronomer
A hearty chicken soup recipe that has been fine-tuned over many years to near perfection. It is one of the most flavorful soups due to the inclusion of dark meat, soup base, and a relatively high fat content. Let this be a warning: This recipe is not recommended for those who are on a low calorie or low fat diet. Eat in moderation.
Top Review by gpl4574
From chef:1431816 i made this soup today dec, 01, 2009 and it turned out to be very good. I ran out of pepper so I substituted lemon pepper. I will make it many times this winter.
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 small roasting chickens or 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) bag carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 10 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Slice celery and peeled carrots into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add soup base to large pot filled 3/4 of the way up with water.
- Add chicken and onion to large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining vegetables.
- Add remaining spices.
- After one hour, reduce heat to low until finished.
- Cook egg noodles in medium pot.
- Serve soup over egg noodles.