Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lite but filling soup to get the cold gone. Mostly fat free ingredients.
- 2 (10 ounce) cansof low-fat chicken meat
- 44 ounces low-fat chicken broth (Or around depending on how soupy you like your soup. I used a can and one box of Swanson's)
- 7 -8 baby carrots (sliced)
- 4 -5 small celery ribs (sliced)
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion (diced small)
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 -4 small red potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I used the condensed to spread out the broth more. Helps out if you are on a budget.)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced and seeds removed)
- 1 cup water, for the veggies to be boiled in till slighty soft
- pepper (in with boiling veggies.)
- garlic powder (in with boiling veggies.)
- Pour the cup of water into a small pot. Bring to boil.
- Dump in all the veggies and add about 4-6oz of chicken broth.
- In a 2qrt pot cook your noodles as directed.
- When the veggies and noodles are soft drain seperately and leave in original pots.
- Add Chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, and Chicken to the 2qt pot.
- Stir in your veggies. Warm on medium for about 10 mins to let the broth and chicken take in some of the flavor.
- Bam you are ready to have a soup that is both filling and mostly healthy. Not to mention if you have a cold it will open up minor congestions.