Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the Bisquick Recipe. Very tasty, although I add 1 small green pepper for a little more flavor and I have also tried frozen broccoli (making sure that the broccoli is small pieces) instead of the mixed veggies and it is really good too.
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, cutup
- 1 -10 ounce mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 green onions, cut up
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix, original
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix veggies, chicken, soup, mushrooms and onion in ungreased caserole (2 quart).
- Stir in remaining ingredients in small bowl with fork until blended.
- Pour into casserole and bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Not a big fan of Pot Pie - however this was easy, quick and pretty good. I used Birdseye Fresh steamed seasoned corn, fresh steamed green beans,and fresh sliced mushrooms. Mixed everything up one night and the next day after work added the Bisquick topping and baked.
A good easy weeknight dinner. I liked the addition of green onions but would leave out the mushrooms next time and try your green pepper suggestion instead.Thanks for sharing.