Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food at it's best!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 18 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Crust: Mix flour and salt; cut in shortning until the size of peas.
- Add water and stir with a fork until mixture forms a ball of dough; add more water if needed.
- Roll out on a floured board.
- Filling: Combine broth, carrots, and potatoes in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- In lg skillet, heat oil; add mushrooms and onions; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper.
- Add broth mixture and peas.
- Mix flour and water until smooth; whisk into vegetables.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the chicken.
- Pour mixture into 2 qt shallow baking dish (11x7).
- Top with crust, trim and flute edge.
- Cut out a small round in the center for steam to escape.
- Bake at at 425* for about 25 minutes, until bubbly and crust is golden.