Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of Stacky5's Bob Evan's Chicken and Noodles Copycat recipe. I have been making for a couple of years, but always with modifications. I am posting my revised version. Simply comfort food!
- 118.29-177.44 ml butter, melted
- 59.16 ml flour
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml carrot, chopped
- 177.44 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, torn into large pieces (about 2 large)
- 340.19 g bag Reames frozen noodles
- Melt butter in a large stock pot, add the flour and cook for about 1 minute until a thin roux forms.
- Add carrots, celery, onions; stir to blend with the roux.
- Add chicken broth and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer on medium-low heat for an additional 20 minutes.
Made this for a wrestling soup supper; it didn't last long. This soup is super yummy!!
Totally hit the spot when snowed in during a blizzard. We used the full amount of butter and it was just decadent and comforting. Best comfort dish we've had in a while. We used rotisserie chicken meat to save time - great use of leftover chicken.
Total comfort food at it's best!!! I used the lesser amount of butter, as I used my own broth, which was made from turkey broth and turkey drippings. I also used left-over turkey in place of the chicken and regular egg noodles. My two kids just loved this meal!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Made for PRMR.