This recipe is an adaptation of Stacky5's Bob Evan's Chicken and Noodles Copycat recipe. I have been making for a couple of years, but always with modifications. I am posting my revised version. Simply comfort food!
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, torn into large pieces (about 2 large)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Reames frozen noodles
- Melt butter in a large stock pot, add the flour and cook for about 1 minute until a thin roux forms.
- Add carrots, celery, onions; stir to blend with the roux.
- Add chicken broth and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer on medium-low heat for an additional 20 minutes.