Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of Stacky5's Bob Evan's Chicken and Noodles Copycat recipe. I have been making for a couple of years, but always with modifications. I am posting my revised version. Simply comfort food!
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, torn into large pieces (about 2 large)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Reames frozen noodles
- Melt butter in a large stock pot, add the flour and cook for about 1 minute until a thin roux forms.
- Add carrots, celery, onions; stir to blend with the roux.
- Add chicken broth and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer on medium-low heat for an additional 20 minutes.
Made this for a wrestling soup supper; it didn't last long. This soup is super yummy!!
Totally hit the spot when snowed in during a blizzard. We used the full amount of butter and it was just decadent and comforting. Best comfort dish we've had in a while. We used rotisserie chicken meat to save time - great use of leftover chicken.
Total comfort food at it's best!!! I used the lesser amount of butter, as I used my own broth, which was made from turkey broth and turkey drippings. I also used left-over turkey in place of the chicken and regular egg noodles. My two kids just loved this meal!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Made for PRMR.