Another great recipe given by my mother-in-law.
Make and share this Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken
- 6 cups chicken broth (can use a combination of broth from cooked chicken and canned broth)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 ounces cooked egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Cook veggies in chicken broth.
- When veggies are tender, add chicken, soup, milk, and boullion.
- Add noodles and frozen peas, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and cook till peas are tender, about 5 more minutes.
I would make this again on a cold winter day. Didn't get more stars coz I have already a favorite chicken soup that is a big hit with our family :Chicken Noodle Soup. I used homemade broth and I made my own cream of chicken soup. Made it for autum pac 09
Made this soup this morning for lunch. It was really quick to put together and didn't take very long to cook at all. But I personally found that this soup was way too salty. Must be the cans of soups that did it because I did not add any salt at all in the soup. It's the only thing I could figure it was. I used 2 boxes of Progresso broth which is 8 cups and not 6. When I reheat it for lunches I will just have to add something to take the saltiness away. Perhaps dilute it with some milk. But otherwise it does have a nice flavor. Made this for the Spring PAC09