Prep 10 mins
Cook 144 hrs
This is so good and easy. My friend Dixie makes this whenever someone is sick, but it's even better when you're well!
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package Reames frozen noodles
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 (10 ounce) cans water (use soup cans) or 4 (10 ounce) cans water (use soup cans)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Put onion, celery stalk, chicken soup, chichen breasts, chicken broth, water, carrots an pepper into a crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Turn down heat to low and continue cooking for 6 more hours.
- Remove onion and celery stalk and discard.
- Shred chicken and pour ingredients into a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and peas and cook 15 - 20 min., stirring often.
- I've done this by putting it all in the crock in the morning and cooking it on low all day. When I get home from work, I add the noodles and peas and it doesn't take long for them to cook. Or, you could do it my way and then bring mixture to a boil on the stovetop and then add noodles and peas.