Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 144 hrs
This is so good and easy. My friend Dixie makes this whenever someone is sick, but it's even better when you're well!
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package Reames frozen noodles
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 (10 ounce) cans water (use soup cans) or 4 (10 ounce) cans water (use soup cans)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Put onion, celery stalk, chicken soup, chichen breasts, chicken broth, water, carrots an pepper into a crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Turn down heat to low and continue cooking for 6 more hours.
- Remove onion and celery stalk and discard.
- Shred chicken and pour ingredients into a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and peas and cook 15 - 20 min., stirring often.
- I've done this by putting it all in the crock in the morning and cooking it on low all day. When I get home from work, I add the noodles and peas and it doesn't take long for them to cook. Or, you could do it my way and then bring mixture to a boil on the stovetop and then add noodles and peas.