Recipe by MarylandMomof3
This recipe came from a bag of Pennsylvania Dutch Homestyle Noodles many years ago. The pimiento absolutely makes this recipe, so don't leave it out. Make a trip to the store and get them, they're near the olives and pickles.
Top Review by Mariann T.
The only thing I did different was to use the cream of chicken with herbs. OK I added some mushrooms too. (sauted with the onions and peppers) BUT this is absolutely the best. Pimentos and green pepper make this dish! I've tried them all ...
- 453.59 g egg noodles, cooked
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 (850.48 g) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml diced pimentos
- 236.59 ml soft buttered bread crumb (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as package directs; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook celery, green pepper and onion in margarine until tender.
- Stir in soup and milk then chicken, cheese and pimiento. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in noodles.
- Spoon into greased 13x9 inch baking dish. top with crumbs.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.