1/1 Photo of Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole
This recipe came from a bag of Pennsylvania Dutch Homestyle Noodles many years ago. The pimiento absolutely makes this recipe, so don't leave it out. Make a trip to the store and get them, they're near the olives and pickles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 cup soft buttered bread crumb (optional)
- 1Cook noodles as package directs; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In large skillet, over medium heat, cook celery, green pepper and onion in margarine until tender.
- 4Stir in soup and milk then chicken, cheese and pimiento. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in noodles.
- 6Spoon into greased 13x9 inch baking dish. top with crumbs.
- 7Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 27.5 g