Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from a bag of Pennsylvania Dutch Homestyle Noodles many years ago. The pimiento absolutely makes this recipe, so don't leave it out. Make a trip to the store and get them, they're near the olives and pickles.
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 cup soft buttered bread crumb (optional)
- Cook noodles as package directs; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook celery, green pepper and onion in margarine until tender.
- Stir in soup and milk then chicken, cheese and pimiento. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in noodles.
- Spoon into greased 13x9 inch baking dish. top with crumbs.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Creamy, totally yummy comfort food, not waistline friendly. The men really enjoyed this tonight. I had a half of red pepper in the refrigerator, so I diced this and added it into Step 3. So I skipped using the pimentos. Thanks for a filling meal for the men. Made for PAC Spring 2012