1 hr 35 mins
A hearty main course from Southern Living magazine--great over pasta with a Caesar salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine, cooked
- 1Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Brown the chicken pieces in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; remove chicken, and set aside.
- 3Add onion to the skillet and saute 5 minutes over medium heat, or until transparent.
- 4Add minced garlic, saute 1 minute.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth.
- 6Add bell pepper, oregano, basil, and remaining salt and pepper.
- 7Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer over medium-low heat 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 8Add mushrooms and wine; cook, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- 9Serve with hot cooked linguine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 997.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 43.8 g