Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super easy soup--tastes great!
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- lime slice (to garnish)
- Combine the fist 8 ingredients in Dutch oven or large soup pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer uncovered for 10 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the rice and lime just before serving. Garnish with lime slices.
This was so simple to make, and the end result was really comforting and tastey. This is a great soup for a cold winter day. Thanks for posting.
This is a great, simple recipe. I did omit the celery since I am not a big fan and threw in spinach and mushrooms instead. Ate this with a portabello sandwich. YUM!!!! VERY filling! This soup is going to last me a long time. :)