Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from a magazine, I think it was Light and Tasty, but not sure...Hearty soup filled with meat, veggies and cheese, but lighter on the fat and calories.
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 946.36 ml potatoes, peeled and diced
- 946.36 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 177.44 ml celery, diced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml skim milk
- 170.09 g reduced-fat processed cheese (Velveeta)
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is not longer pink; drain.
- Add the potatoes, broth, carrots, celery, salt, basil, parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; add the cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.